Sunday, July 28, 2013

Shell Creatures

Steven Wright, an American comedian, declared, "I have a large seashell collection which I keep scattered on the beaches all over the world. Maybe you've seen it." 

Well, yes, Steven, I have seen part of your shell collection.  In fact, some of your shell collection I keep at my house.  Only I think of it as MY shell collection.  Sorry. 

I like shells.  I like seeing them.  I like collecting them.  I like going through my collection.  I also like turning them into creative little critters. 

This little critter reminds me of Mr. Comic Relief (also known as He-Who-Never-Gets-His-Acorn) from Ice Age.



This cutie started out as a horse...but something about it reminded me of my mom's goats, so I just went with it! 



 Seeing these fellows high up in the mountains is quite a treat...


And, speaking of animal sightings, guess what I saw this week? 



So I had to make a kangaroo, too!





A friend picked out this face and ear combo...I just added a nose and turned it into a cute little dancing mouse.




And here they are, all together.  The happy shell family of critters.






No comments:

Post a Comment