Thursday, September 3, 2015

A Sneak Peak at one of my Hedgehog Bakery Coordinates

I've had hedgehogs and baking on my mind for a while now.  It probably started with these super-cute hedgehog cookies I made way back in December 2013 after seeing the idea pinned on Pinterest.* (As you can see, my hedgehogs were a bit too well tanned...that's what happens in Australia in the summer if you don't watch out!)



Then I went into a phase of prickly animal omelets.  Porcupines, hedgehogs, spiny anteaters...



Their spines didn't really help when it came time to defend themselves from the breakfast fork.  

The problem with food art of course is that after the meal is over and the dishes are done, your creation is gone.  So it was time to do something a bit more...lasting.  But still hedgehogs and still food-related.

So I started on a fabric collection: The Hedgehog Bakery.  Because hedgehogs are adorable and baking is delicious...and the thought of all the mischief a crew of hedgehogs could get into while baking up some cookies or brownies or a cake?  Irresistible.  

The collection in full won't be unveiled until the start of October but Spoonflower has a free fabric swatch day for their poly crepe de chine fabric on September 3, 2015 (USA) so I'm making one of the coordinating prints public.  If you want to grab an 8"x 8" swatch for free on the 3rd, go for it.  It's a ditsy print (meaning tiny, scattered, and multi-directional) with hedgehog paw prints about 1/4" big. Find it here!



LINKS:


No comments:

Post a Comment