Saturday, September 28, 2013

Color Spectrum

If you are looking for something fun to do, check out the color test that x-rite is offering on their website.  Can you arrange the colors by hue?  Add some challenge by seeing how long it took you.  I won't lie to you...it took me longer than I thought it would, but it didn't occur to me to time myself.  A lower score is better...zero is perfect and I think the worst score you can get is something around 2000 (100 hues and all the infinite possible wrong wrong combinations of them).  I got 14--you can see the color hues I missed, they are the little white bars.  It doesn't surprise me a bit that I'm pretty good with those purples!  :-)


Go here to try it yourself:  http://www.xrite.com/custom_page.aspx?pageid=77&lang=en 


2 comments:

  1. This was awesome. I scored 4 in 6 minutes. The purples you are so good at are the ones I missed. My son and I had to do something similar with colored chips when his eyes were tested for genetic abnormalities. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done some of the "find the number" sorts of tests before, but those usually focus just on the green-red-orange range. I do wonder if practice has something to do with it...I used to believe that either you could hear musical sounds or you couldn't and then I started to try to learn to play the banjo. My sound hearing suddenly dramatically improved! So I wonder if I suddenly started to paint with more yellows if I would start noticing things about them that I've never noticed before?

    ReplyDelete